STUDENT AREA and HOW THE APPLICATION WORKS
TEACHER AREA – TRACKING LEARNERS
This application helps your students prepare for the TOEIC® Listening and Reading test, redesigned in September 2007 and used worldwide for reliable assessment of candidates' English language skills.
It does not aim to replace the real TOEIC® Listening and Reading test. The results are only estimations of your level.
It is nonetheless an excellent preparation, which greatly helps you in many ways to achieve better scores in the TOEIC® test.
Three original tests are available in "PRACTICE" or "TEST" modes.
A test which has been started in "PRACTICE" mode can no longer be done by the same student in "TEST" mode.
A test which has been started in "TEST" mode commences in real examination conditions. Once started, it can no longer be reinitialized. Therefore you must be sure to have enough time (2 hours) to do the test completely in the appropriate way.
Practice mode is used for training: you can do each part of the test separately, irrespective of time or without the answer sheet.
The TOEIC® test consists of two major parts (LISTENING and READING), each consisting of 100 questions.
The LISTENING part involves audio questions, whereas the READING part is based on written documents.
- Part 1: Photographs (10 items)
- Part 2: Questions - Responses (30 items)
- Part 3: Short dialogs (30 items)
- Part 4: Short talks (30 items)
- Part 5: Incomplete sentences (40 items)
- Part 6: Text completion (12 items)
- Part 7: Reading Comprehension (48 items)
HOW TO ANSWER THE QUESTIONS:
- Move between questions using the "NEXT" and "PREVIOUS" buttons.
- For each question, select your answer and click on it.
- The "lamp bulb" icon gives you a hint about the corresponding question.
- You can only validate your answer with "OK" after selecting your answer to the question.
In some questions, you have the above audio player with which you can listen to the corresponding audio file.
You can leave the PRACTICE mode at any time by clicking on "EXIT", which returns you to the main menu.
This is the test simulation mode of the web application. When the test commences, you are in real examination conditions.
A 2-hour timer and an audio file start simultaneously at the commencement of the test.
- Be sure to have sufficient time to complete the test.
- Once started, the test cannot be reinitialized and re-started from the beginning.
- You may however leave the test and return to it later, but this is most ill-advised because you will no longer be under real test conditions.
At the start of the test:
- Be guided by the advice which appears on the screen.
- For your comfort, be careful to adjust the sound volume on the audio player when the application asks you. You will not be able to alter the sound volume during the test.
During the test:
- A progress bar indicates the percentage of the test already completed.
- The timer tells you the time remaining before the end of the test.
- Keep concentrated on the tasks at hand.
- As in the real test, you turn the pages of the test booklet yourself. Use the "PREVIOUS" and "NEXT" buttons at the bottom of each page.
- Hint: feel free to make use of the time taken up by audio explanations to anticipate the questions to come!
- The answer sheet is an important feature: it allows you both to mark your answers, and also to move between all the questions in the test booklet.
When a test is completed and validated in "TEST" mode, a "Show details" button is shown and allows you to go back to the test in "Correction" mode.
You cannot answer the questions any more, but you can still move around the application.
The questions now come with detailed answers, and the sheet is filled out with your answers.
In red: your wrong answers.
In blue: the right answers.
In green: the questions you answered correctly.
Teachers have access to records of learner results.
You only need to enter the login " teacher " on the home page.
Your password was given to you when you subscribed.
If you lose your password: please contact your retailer.
|Done in "PRACTICE" mode. The learner has 42 right answers out of 66 in the "listening" part and 32 right answers out of 59 in the "reading" part.|
|Started in "TEST" mode and paused. The learner has 57 right answers out of 91 in the "listening" part and 60 right answers out of 93 in the "reading" part. There are still some questions to do since the test contains 100 questions in each part.|
|Completed in "TEST" mode. The learner has 39 right answers out of 65 in the "listening" part and 34 right answers out of 61 in the "reading" part. This test has been validated without answering all the questions. This user cannot continue with this test.|
The search engine to the right of the screen enables you to select and sort the results of your learners.
- You can search for a specific learner using the field "select by login".
- You can display the learners by class by using the "class" checkboxes.
- CORRECT ANSWERS refers to the number of correctly answered items out of the 1000 items of the 3 tests.
- COMPLETED refers to the number of started items (correct or incorrect) out of the 1000 items of the 3 tests.
- % SUCCESS is a percentage success rate calculated from the correct and incorrect answers to the 3 tests.
Selection of learners who have started between 500 and 1000 items
Selection of learners who have more than 80% success rate
You can export all or part of the learner results to an Excel document or a text file.
Select the type of document required (Excel being the most common and practical), select all the learners, or those defined by the current selection bar settings, then click on "Export".
Your navigator will give you the choice of either saving your document, or opening it so you can make layout changes and/or print it.
Example of a generated Excel document.
Note: more experienced users can also export data as .TXT (standard text with separator).
This application is not endorsed or approved by ETS.